Experienced Nurse Assistant - Adults Services only
- Nursing Assistant
- Band 2
- Full Time/Part Time available
- £18,005 - £19,337 pa pro rata
- 31/12/2021 23:59
There really has never been a more exciting time to join us; University Hospitals Bristol NHS Foundation Trust and Weston Area Health NHS Trust have merged together to be come one organisation. Our newly merged Trust has a combined workforce of over 13,000 staff, aiming to deliver exceptional local services for local people and specialist services across the South West and beyond. Together, we form one of the largest NHS trusts in the country.
Are you an experienced and qualified Nursing Assistant or Healthcare Assistant?
Would you like to work in an outstanding acute NHS trust that truly values their staff?
Would you like to work at an NHS trust that is committed to ensuring your ongoing development and training of a wide range of clinical skills and knowledge?
What is the role of a Nursing Assistant at UHBW?
In order to undertake this role you must have :
(please note you will not be shortlisted if you do not meet the criteria):
- You must have at least six months experience in similar healthcare role
- You must have a minimum of an NVQ level 2 qualification in Health and Social Care and GCSE A*- D in English/ Math's or equivalent
- You must be able to work a minimum of 3 long shifts per week, on a 24/7 rota (no fixed shifts)
You will play an essential role in supporting the delivery of the highest standard of quality care to our patients, working alongside registered nurses and other healthcare professionals. Your role will include a wide range of tasks, from providing personal and intimate care to undertaking clinical observations. You will be required to follow stringent policies such as infection control and manual handling policies. In addition you will be providing emotional and practical support to patient & their families.
Why join us at UHBW?
- Because we are passionate about supporting our staff and clinical teams, so that we can achieve our common goal of delivering outstanding patient care.
- Because we can offer job security in these uncertain times within an organisation that is dedicated to the well being of its staff.
- Because we are one of a handful of health trusts to have achieved a CQC rating of “Outstanding” for a second time second time in succession.
- Because we are located in the heart of the vibrant City of Bristol, and the gateway to the glorious South West.
- Because we can offer a post in a variety of areas including T&O and Theatres,
Medicine wards and Emergency Department at the Bristol Royal Infirmary (BRI), and South Bristol Community Hospital.
- Because we are a digital exemplar NHS trust, using the latest technology such as e-obs to ensure we deliver the best possible care to our patients.
If you have applied within the last 6 months, please do not re apply.
If you do not meet the essential criteria
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Will Calton
- Job title
- Talent Aquisition Manager
- Email address
- Telephone number